Monday, February 20, 2023

I belong here!

The Righteous:
 They told me I am wrong
 “You can never be virtuous;
 You must atone for your sins"
 I added ‘sin’ to my dictionary…
The Spiritual:
 They told me everything is unreal
 “You are trapped in your own illusions,
 What you think exists, doesn’t exist”
 I did try to forget my existence…
The Idealist:
 They told me it’s not enough
 “Perfection is never easy;
 Work hard and you may achieve it”
 I shuddered at my imperfections…
The Adventurous:
 They came with grand plans
 “Get out and explore the world,
 Scale the mountains and dive deep into the sea”
 The more I did, the more I missed home…
The Kindhearted:
 They hugged me closer and whispered
 “It’s all right whatever you do; every single thing
 But please do remember, there is always a price to pay”
 And I paid them with a single tear…

Me:
        Finally I am back
       To the place where I started
       The group where I really belong;
       The group of simple Idiots!

1 comment:

ToTheBestOfMyKnowledge said...

Good Evening Madam! Happy or very happy to see you back on track. Keep moving. Against the tide is easy as a Sailor, I feel. Even if you don't make a Headway. I will think you are a software engineer and which is founded on Aryabhatta's Zero. Which is yet to be invented or discovered by a conscious human mind, if at all possible. I just said it to bring to your notice that to me it appears that you are on the right track. I don't have read everything you write and dissect them. I rather read between the lines. By the way you are too loud for me and the anger you hold or trying to hold is too much, which makes your maiden name a misnomer. So, just sail on silver girl. Thanks and best regards, George A P.